Last Wednesday, the two top teams in the Strike 7 Sports weekly power rankings post face each other in a showdown that would go into overtime. The showdown could be a forecast of things to come once the playoffs start. The number one-ranked Utah Jazz fell to the second ranked Phoenix Suns 117-113. The game was a tight-knit contest throughout its entirety.
Everything that has been advertised about the Jazz was on full display as they fought against the offensive output of the Phoenix Suns. As long as they are not down by an enormous deficit, the Jazz can shoot themselves back into making a game competitive. Phoenix and Utah’s matchup went into overtime that would result in the Suns winning 117-113.
The following night, Phoenix would fall to the L.A. Clippers 113-103. The Clippers seemed to have found their groove as a team due to their latest run of success. “We focused on us. They can do the chirping, but I stayed in my zone,” Paul George said after the game versus the Phoenix Suns. PG-13 dropped the 33 points in the contest versus Phoenix on Thursday.
In Sunday’s game against the Detroit Pistons, George had another 30-plus point output as the Clippers won 131-124. The Clippers are now on a five-game winning streak. If George continues to stay on this current pace of dominance, then the Clippers will be an issue for teams such as the Lakers, Clippers, and Jazz.
The Brooklyn Nets seemed uninterested in playing the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday night despite not having LeBron James and Anthony Davis’s presence on the court. The Lakers would stun the Nets 126-101 at the Barclay’s Center. Here are the Strike 7 Sports Top 15 NBA Teams Power Rankings for Week 17.
1. Utah Jazz: Winning Streak: 1, Last 10: 8-2
2. Phoenix Suns: Winning Streak: 2, Last 10: 7-3
3. Los Angeles Clippers: Winning Streak: 5, Last 10: 8-2
4. Denver Nuggets: Losing Streak: 1, Last 10: 8-2
5. Brooklyn Nets: Losing Streak: 1, Last 10: 7-3
6. Philadelphia 76ers: Winning Streak: 1, Last 10: 6-4
7. Atlanta Hawks: Winning Streak: 2, Last 10: 7-3
8. Los Angeles Lakers: Winning Streak: 1, Last 10: 5-5
9. Portland Trail Blazers: Winning Streak: 3, Last 10: 7-3
10. Milwaukee Bucks: Winning Streak: 2, Last 10: 4-6
11. Miami Heat: Winning Streak: 2, Last 10: 6-4
12. Boston Celtics: Winning Streak: 3, Last 10: 7-3
13. Dallas Mavericks: Losing Streak: 1, Last 10: 6-4
14. New York Knicks: Winning Streak: 2, Last 10: 5-5
15. Memphis Grizzlies: Losing Streak: 2, Last 10: 5-5
Support the great work of the Strike 7 Sports by purchasing licensed NBA fan gear. Items ranged from hats, jerseys, t-shirts, socks, and so much more. We would greatly appreciate it if you would purchase these items from the text link listed below. The revenue generated from today’s offer goes into the funding of the Strike 7 Sports platform. Click on the link below if you are interested.
Photo courtesy of USA Today.